Landscape Painting Notebook
The Chinese characters for landscape are Shan-Shui meaning Mountains/Water.
- An Overview – a discussion of colors and Jen-Way painting figures.
A full lesson on figure painting is included
- The Pine Tree – a revered landscape discipline which typified power and indominitability. Pine trees are regarded like people of high principle whose manner reveals or represents inner power.
- Rocks and Mountains – ‘Kernels of energy and bones of the earth.’ Ts’unfa or modeling strokes form the rocks and mountains in basic units of pattern which are repeated and varied.
- Waterfalls – bring a feeling of motion to a painting.
- Mists – Clouds/Mists between mountains link the conduit of energy or life forces and are thought to transmit it.